- Medium to Large Sized Networks with 1U rack mount cabinets
- Medium to Large Sized Branch Office with heavy loads
- Managed Service Providers (MSP) / Managed Security Service Provider (MSSP) On Premises Appliance
- Anyone with High-Speed 10 Gigabit and/or 1 Gigabit Connections
- Anyone with many VPN Connections
- Anyone with high speed connections who wish to configure IDS/IPS features
pfSense is a free, open source firewall and router platform based on FreeBSD that is functionally competitive with expensive, proprietary commercial firewalls. pfSense can be configured as a stateful packet filtering firewall, a LAN or WAN router, VPN Appliance, DHCP Server, DNS Server, or can be configured for other applications and special purpose Appliances. This next generation pfSense security appliance features include:
- Stateful packet filtering firewall or pure router
- Routing policy per gateway and per-rule for multiple WAN, failover, load balancing
- Transparent layer 2 firewall
- Support for IPV6, NAT, BGP
- Captive portal with MAC filtering, RADIUS support, etc
- VPN: IPsec, OpenVPN, PPTP
- Dynamic DNS client
- DHCP Server and Relay functions
- PPPoE Server
- Reporting and monitoring features with real time information
- Learn more about the features of pfsense
HARDWARE SPECIFICATION (PER SYSTEM):
||Intel “Xeon-DE” D-1541, 2.1 GHz FCBGA 1667 supported SoC
||Eight Cores, 45W
||Dual LAN via Intel® i350-AM2 1 Gigabit Ethernet
Dual LAN via SoC 10GBase-T
Virtual Machine Device Queues reduce I/O overhead
Supports 10GBASE-T, 100BASE-TX, and 1000BASE-T, RJ45 output
1x Realtek RTL8201N PHY (dedicated IPMI)
||256GB Micron M.2 SSD*
||16 GB DDR4 UDIMM
||1x PCI-E 3.0 x 16 (in x4) AOC Slot
6x SATA3 ports
||1x BMC integrated ASPEED AST2400
1x IPMI Port
1x VGA Port
1x Fast UART 16550 Serial Port (header)
||2x USB 3.0 ports
Hard drive activity LED
2x Network activity LEDs
System Overheat LED
Information LED (temp., status)
||19″ 1U Rack Mount – CSE-505-203B
||200W Low-noise PS with PFC: Active CPU fan, 40mm chassis fan
||1x SATA DOM power connector
100-240V, 50-60Hz, 2.6 Amp MAX
AC Inlet: IEC320-C6 (3 PIN)
Power Cord: NEMA 5-15P to IEC320-Cxx
||10°C to 35°C Operating Temp
8% to 90% Operating Relative Humidity (non-condensing)
||TBD W (idle)
||FCC, CE, RoHS, UL
Your purchase includes all of these super neat things, which will help you get started with pfSense:
- Access to the online version of the continuously updated official pfSense book (700+ pages)
- ACB: Auto-Configuration Backup Service
- Monthly live education hangouts featuring in depth pfSense topics hosted by our core developers
- Access to the archive of education hangouts
WARRANTY AND SUPPORT INFORMATION
- Netgate Global Support is available 24x7x365. Select your subscription plan and term at the top of this page.
- For service level descriptions click here.
- Netgate Global Support FAQ is here.
- A complete pricing table for all levels of support is here.
- Community based software support is available here.
- One year manufacturers hardware warranty.
- Standard 30 day return policy.
- All specifications subject to change without notice.